Thursday, November 12, 2009

Curry Leaves Podi


I had lots of (2 large zip lock bags)dry curry leaves which sent by my MIL. For a long time I don't know what to do with this much of curry leaves even after given some of them to my SIL and friends.... And one day my hubby picked curry leaves podi packs from Indian grocery, a light sparked that time. Stopped him and prepared it at my home itself. He was surprised to see the podi.

Its simple to prepare and mouth watering with hot idlies/rice. Even the aroma is good to sense.

Ingredients:

Dry Curry leaves - 2 cups
Urad dal - 2 1/2 tbsp
Peppercorns - 1 tbsp
Cummin Seeds - 2 tsp
Red chillies - 5 - 7
Salt

Method:

1. Dry roast the peppercorns, red chillies, cumin seeds and urad dal

2. Slightly dry roast curry leaves. Let keep them aside to cool

3. Grind everything along with salt in slightly coarse

4. Put it immediately in a air tightened box